Meet Alexey Manasuev
Alexey Manasuev is a Principal of U.S. Tax IQ. He is also a U.S. tax attorney. Alexey has over 16 years of U.S. tax, international tax, and transfer pricing experience. Alex assists clients from a broad range of industries, including businesses, high net worth individuals, and U.S. citizens and Green card holders residing outside the United States, including Canada.
Alexey is a U.S. tax attorney. He has a Foreign Legal Consultant permit authorizing him to practice in Ontario, Canada.
New York University School of Law, LL.M. in International Taxation (Hauser Global Scholar).
Institute of EC Law at MGIMO (Master of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO-University) (Bachelor of Jurisprudence degree with honors).
U.S. tax and international tax
Alexey has experience in the following areas:
- Transfer pricing;
- U.S. cross-border tax planning and structuring for U.S. and Canadian-based businesses;
- Assistance under the IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures (SFCP);
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) consulting and compliance;
- U.S. trade or business and permanent establishment planning;
- U.S structuring, planning, and compliance for Canadian investment in U.S. real estate, including related reporting and withholding advice;
- Tax treaty planning;
- Financing of U.S. and non-U.S. operations;
- Planning and structuring of cross-border restructurings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations;
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) planning and consulting;
- U.S. investments by private equity funds, foreign governments, and pension plans;
- Withholding, backup withholding, and reporting requirements for a variety of industries, including financial services industry;
- Transfer pricing (including transfer pricing planning and contemporaneous documentation, audit assistance, and competent authority matters)
- Personal tax and estate and gift tax planning;
- Other related U.S. tax and cross-border tax matters
Foreign Legal Consultant (Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario) (2014-2017).
New York State Bar (2003), District of Columbia Bar (2009), the United States Tax Court (2003).
American Bar Association Section of Taxation and Estates and Trusts.
New York State Bar Association Tax Section. Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) (New York Branch).
Alexey lives and breathes exceptional client service. Alexey’s mantra is to always exceed client’s expectations. He always strives to protect his clients’ interests. In a world of uncertainty, Alexey strives to achieve certainty for his clients.
What I Enjoy
Spending time with my family, reading, playing ice-hockey, traveling.