Meet Brandon Vucen
Brandon Vucen is a Principal of U.S. Tax IQ, and a Chartered Professional Accountant and a Certified Public Accountant. He has over 24 years of U.S. tax and cross-border tax experience. Brandon assists clients from a broad range of industries including technology, professional services, manufacturing and sports and entertainment.
Chartered Professional Accountant (Ontario, Canada)
Certified Public Accountant (IL, USA)
Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (1988), University of Toronto.
Multi-State Masters Diploma (1998), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Masters of Science Taxation (2003), Canisius College, Buffalo, New York.
Brandon has experience in the following areas:
- Preparation and assistance under the IRS’ Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) and Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures (SFCP);
- U.S. cross-border tax planning and structuring for U.S. and Canadian-based multinationals;
- Financing of U.S. and Canadian operations;
- Tax treaty planning;
- U.S. trade or business and permanent establishment planning;
- U.S. domestic M&A, divestitures, and restructurings;
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) planning and consulting;
- Structuring, planning and compliance for Canadian investment in U.S. real estate, including related reporting and withholding advice;
- Withholding, backup withholding, and reporting requirements for a variety of industries, including financial services industry;
- Preparation or review of income tax provisions in accordance with U.S. GAAP;
- Multi-state planning and compliance, including state and local strategic tax review, nexus studies and sales and use tax obligations;
- Personal tax and estate, and gift tax planning and compliance;
- Personal tax planning and compliance for professional athletes and coaches;
- Other related U.S. tax and cross-border tax matters.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Chartered Professional Accountants Ontario.
Brandon has a charming personality. He is the type of individual whom you want to work for. He has a calming presence and is always concerned with how everybody is doing at the office.
Alexey Manasuev (Business Partner and Friend)
What I Enjoy
My family, rock music, playing field hockey with my friends.