On February 27, 2018 at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a free webinar with U.S. tax attorney Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, U.S. tax accountant Brandon Vucen, CPA, CA, CPA(IL), MST, and U.S. and Canadian attorney, Jory Stern, B.A., J.D. who will discuss the complexities involved in purchasing and owning U.S. real estate for Canadian individuals and businesses.
Owning U.S. real estate can result in significant benefits for Canadians and can open up a primary or secondary source of income. Engaging in this type of business has the potential to be both lucrative or costly. Our webinar will highlight planning opportunities and the tax implications of owning U.S. real property.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover during this webinar:
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (“FIRPTA”) withholding regime overview;
- Common structures for investing in U.S. real property;
- Impact of U.S. tax reform;
- Tax compliance considerations;
- Practical estate and gift tax considerations;
- Tax planning opportunities and pitfalls;
- … and more!
To learn more, please register and gain the knowledge you need to help your clients. We hope you join us!
Very truly yours,
U.S. TAX IQ Team