skip to Main Content

U.S. Tax Tips

Canadians who own U.S. Real Property Should Plan for Incapacity and Probate.

Our qualified U.S. tax advisors will help you devise a comprehensive estate planning strategy that would decrease your tax exposure.

Our Advisors Can Help You Plan!
IRS Form 3520 A - Do you really have to file it?

IRS Form 3520 A is often filed by Canadian tax advisors with respect to Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) that are held by U.S. person. However, the tax treatment of TFSAs for U.S. federal income tax purpose is uncertain because there is there is no case law and no clear guidance by the IRS.

Our U.S. Tax Advisors will determine whether IRS Form 3520 A should be filed in your case?
Talk to U.S. Tax Advisors Prior to Making Major Estate Decisions!

Do you own U.S. real estate? Do you have a comprehensive estate planning strategy that would maximize your wealth?

Our Advisors Can Help You Plan!
Are you a Canadian planning on buying U.S. Vacation Home?

Owning U.S. real estate can result in significant benefits for Canadians and can open up a primary or secondary source of income. However, it is important to understand the complexities involved in purchasing and owning U.S. real estate for Canadian individuals and businesses.

Need Help Understanding Potential Tax Implications or Planning Opportunities?
2017 Income Tax Return Threshold

You are not required to file income tax return in 2017 if your income threshold is less than $10,400. There are, however, foreign information reporting forms that you may be required to file.

Need Help Filing Your 2017 Income Tax Return?
IRS Form 5472 - Foreign Owned LLCs

5472, Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned U.S. Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a U.S. Trade or Business


Need Help With IRS Form 5472?
IRS Form 5471 - When Do I have to File?

Form 5471, Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect To Certain Foreign Corporations.

Need Help With IRS Form 5471?
Back To Top