On May 28, 2019 at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a free webinar with U.S. tax attorney Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, who will help you and your clients prepare for the next U.S. tax filing deadline – June 17, 2019. We will also review the lessons learned and practical issues raised during the most recent tax season applicable to April 15, 2019 filers.
Who is the webinar for?
The June 17 filing deadline is relevant to the following main categories of taxpayers:
- U.S. citizens and Green card holders living in Canada and otherwise outside the United States;
- Canadians and other nonresident alien individuals who sold their U.S. real property in 2018;
- Canadians and other nonresident alien individuals who are claiming a refund of any overwithheld U.S. taxes in 2018;
- Canadians and other nonresident alien individuals with U.S. rental income making (or who made) net rental income election;
- Certain Fiscal year-end Canadian and other non-U.S. corporations that have a U.S. permanent establishment;
- Calendar year-end Canadian and other non-U.S. corporations filing a treaty-based protective return;
- Certain Fiscal year-end U.S. domestic corporations.
The 2018 U.S. tax filing season is especially complex due to the recent changes made by the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA). The new law is complex, not fully developed and understood, and overwhelming with U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidance continually being adopted to implement the new tax law provisions.
This webinar will focus on most recent international tax developments relevant to the June 17 filers, share relevant tax compliance tips, and provide practical insights and considerations for effective management of your and your clients’ U.S. tax exposure.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover during this webinar:
- Overview of most recent significant international tax developments;
- Recap of key tax issues and considerations relevant to the 2018 tax year tax filings;
- Review of key tax compliance requirements and tax forms required to be filed by June 17;
- Practical tips and considerations on effective management of potential U.S. tax exposure;
- …. And more!
To learn more, please register and gain the insights you need to assist you and your clients in successfully wrapping up the 2018 tax season. We hope you join us!
Very truly yours,
U.S. TAX IQ Team